Sunday, August 23, 2009

You just gotta love them...Right??

Another weekend...another trip down Drama Lane. Lets see, it started off on Saturday morning with Emily melting down about going to her soccer academy. This child is the most confusing, unable to decide, emotional child you can imagine. I am going to chalk up this weekends episode to her asthma acting up and her not feeling well. But instead of her telling us...she decided to pull the covers over her head and be hysterical. She has promised us that she will be ready to return to her club teams practices this week...we shall see!!

Next on the agenda was a softball game. What do you do when you have 12 9 and 10 year olds who instead of having fun, look like they are going to the dentist. I tried every trick in my bag to get these girls fired up. Maybe the loss to a team we shouldn't have lost too will wake them up. Somewhere along the line, they stopped having fun, maybe its the heat, maybe its a little burnout. I think massive amounts of sugar are on the agenda for next Saturday morning.

Next was a trip to a sporting goods store to get my oldest outfitted for her first lacrosse clinic/class. I think we did pretty good to get out of there for about $100. We got a stick (is that what they call those things), mouthguard, gloves, chest/shoulder pads, and a helmet. Normally girls lacrosse doesn't require a helmet, but Sarah had never done this and we don't want the ball to ricochet off her melon the first day out there. Speaking of melons, you should see the helmet on this child's head....soooooo freakin cute. Someday, she'll let us get a picture...she is a bit self-conscious about it. She thinks it makes her head look big.

And then the fun began. Lisa ,my fantastic, adoring, beautiful wife...(she might read this :-)), left with Emily to go to the store. The 3 year old (Aly) was asleep. About 20 minutes after Lisa left, Aly woke up looking for Mommy. Aly proceeded to spend the next hour and a half crying, sobbing, screaming, kicking (add your own adverb), and calling for MOMMY. She would not let me hold her, she just cried...and cried...and cried. It was all I could do not to lock myself in the bathroom.

Today...much better. I had 2 Fantasy Football drafts to attend. I got a needed shot of testosterone to get me through the next week of soccer practice, softball practice, and whatever else these 3 ladies throw at me.

As always, pray for me and wish me luck.

Til next time...Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment