Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Help me here

Its been a few days...time to catch up on the life of a DODO. Well, as you should know by now, this is no longer my life, I am just living each day to shuttle a daughter from one activity to another. To get caught up, one daughter is playing softball until mid-september, then is starting lacrosse....lacrosse??? What the heck is that. Now I have to learn another new sport. Isn't it enough that I have spent that last 4 years learning how to throw underhand, learning what the heck a "Circle Violation" is, and trying to balance the fragile emotions of 13 8 year old with my complete and utter desire to win a championship no matter who I have to stomp on along the way (okay, that last part isn't really true, but you get the idea).

The middle daughter has been doing the yo-yo thing with joining a club soccer team. First its "I want to play", then its, "I just wanted to see what it looked like", then its "I want to play", then its "practice is hard"...OH MY FREAKING GOD,,,this child is 7...what is she going to be like in 5 years.

And the baby, who really isn't a baby anymore, started preschool and will be playing in her first soccer league in a month.

Oh, by the way, all of the fall activities...start on the same day. Soooooo...don't be surprised if you get a phone call asking you to pick up a child somewhere, and drop her off somewhere.

Ok DODO's, here is where you can chime in...how often do you hear "Oh Bless you" when you tell people you meet that you have 2, 3, 4, or whatever daughters. What do they know thay I haven't figured out yet?

Thank god for Fantasy Football.

1 comment:

  1. No daughters (haven't decided yet if that's a blessing or a curse) but 3 sons -- still, we feel your scheduling pain, glad this season the football players are far enough apart level-wise we actually have time to breathe/eat/drive slower than 100 between games...
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete