Sunday, August 2, 2009

And a good Sunday Morning to you too...

Well....the wife isn't feeling well, so its up to me to figure out breakfast. Luckily Pan de sal is the meal of choice for my girls. Now I know its not the best breakfast, but its easy, relatively healthy, and it connects them to their filipino heritage :-)

One thing with girls, they love waiting to the last minute to tell you they have a project due TOMORROW. I guess this is the time to introduce you to the women of the house. Lisa, my wife of almost 15 years keeps things running here at home...I just try not to mess things up for her. Sarah is my 9 year old. She is the emotional one and softball player in the house. Emily is 7 and loves soccer and forgetting things until the last minute (guess whose project we'll be working on today) and Aly...my darling, precocious 3 year old. She'll be testing my patience for years to come.

On to the project, we need to put in a brown paper bag, the last 7 years of Emily's life. In a lunch bag, tell us about your daughter. Hmmmm...how do you put, "won't sleep in her own bed", "loves to argue", "pouts when she only gets to spend $5 for the .25 piece of junk at the arcade, instead of $10" into a lunch bag. I always knew Emily would be my special challenge. She is the sweetest 7 year old you could meet, but when she gets something in her head...it never goes away. If you ever get her as your attorney or veterinarian ( a couple of the vocations she had mentioned), you are in luck.

Well, its on to the day, some shopping, some swimming, some yardwork, maybe some bike riding. Its kinda nice to have a Sunday without softball, soccer, dance, or any other of the 10000 activities the girls are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment