Sunday, December 13, 2009

WOW...2 posts in a week

Can you tell things have quieted down in the Gross household...I actually have time to type up 2 posts in 1 month. Will wonders never cease.

Anyway, we are just wrapping up the 3rd night of Christmanukkah, the girls finally opened their Hanukkah gifts ( we were busy the first 2 nights) and of course they loved them. Aly got her first ever softball bat (Daddy had tears in his eyes), Emily got the boom box she has been bugging us about and Sarah got clothes. You know your daughter has graduated into "tween" years when she looks at the label to make sure we didn't buy the clothes at Wal-Mart or Target. I guess the clothes budget just got a little bit more expensive. Oh well...only 18 years or so to go.

We have actually had some nights free recently as the girls are only doing choir right now. Don't get me wrong, we are still pounding softballs into the net in the garage....just not every night. Softball is only 6 weeks away, the girls need to be ready, holiday or no holiday (OK...a little too extreme there, but you get my point).

I have a question for all you parents of young children. Once they stop believing in the jolly guy in the red suit, how do you make them behave in December? If you can't use the "Santa wont bring you anything" threat...what else you got? :-)

I realized recently that I talk a heck of a lot about the girls but not much about me and Lisa. THAT'S BECAUSE WE GOT NOTHING ELSE GOING ON. Seriously, I am very excited about my Aztecs, they put a serious whoopin on the Mildcats of Arizona last night....what a great night. I have also started to do some mountain biking again. If I don't have a heart attack from trying to follow Eric on the trails of Otay Lake, I'll be in shape by 2014.

We are looking forward to getting together with friends in the next couple of weeks and sharing some alcohol, some stories, and some good times. We hope to see all of you in the next few weeks.

Enjoy your holidays and your families during the next few weeks. Take care of yourself and as always Peace to you and yours.

This DODO is done for the night.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment