Sunday, December 6, 2009

Has it been 2 months???

I am an abject failure when it comes to this blogging thing. I know how anxious all of you are to hear about my trials and tribulations of being a DODO....OK, I know most of you just laugh at me when I post these ramblings and don't really care one way or another. But for the 1 or 2 that are interested, here is the latest episode of "What has happened to my life".

Lets see....what has happened in the last 2 months. Lets start with Sarah...she just finished her fall season at Chula Vista ASA. She played in an 12 and under division (She is still 8 in softball years) and did really, really well. She ended up batting .400 for the season and only struck out twice all season. And she was facing 10 , 11 and 12 year olds. She made some great friends and just loved playing for Coach Scott. Scott's daughter Dayne kinda took Sarah under her wing...it was really cute. She also recently finished her first season in lacrosse. The coach told me Sarah has a future in lacrosse (what the heck is a future in lacrosse?)...so who knows where that'll go. Currently, she is just doing choir....and lots of batting practice in the garage. Softball is just 8 weeks away.

Emily just finished her AYSO season and is still doing some camps to get ready for spring tryouts for club teams. Soccer looks like fits her best so we'll let her tryout and see where it goes. We had a great team this season. All the girls were terrific young ladies and we had an amazing group of parents. Sometimes you get a group that makes you forget about the toils of caoching and this was the group. Emily had some really great games and as befitting a 7 year old...some not so good ones. But all in all she really improved this season. She is going to play softball again (she's my daughter, does she have a choice?) but soccer may be her future. She is also doing choir and is just loving singing.

Aly is well Aly. She is doing a Lil Kickers soccer league and attending preschool. She is becoming more and more outgoing everyday. She loves to sing, dance, and create havoc among the house. She has an amzing way of making everyone do exactly what she wants...Lisa and I are in for some interesting times with this little girl. I bet most of you that know Aly think "Come on...she is the sweetest little girl, how could she cause any problems". If you only knew!!!!!!!!

As I'm sure is it is more all of you, these next few weeks will be just craziness. Since we celebrate Christmanukah, we have twice as much stuff to prepare for. The girls are very excited about our upcoming trip to Denver. We are going to see some relatives that we have never met and the whole family is just thrilled that we will be able to meet them. The girls have a 16 year old cousin named Riki that they are dying to meet. We have the usual Christmas pageants to attend, a bunch of parties etc etc etc. So you'll pardon me if I dont get a whole lot written on this in the next few weeks. I am also very busy with Bonita Valley Girls softball since I am on the Board...so even though YOU'D THINK things would be quieting down...they're not. And probably never will.

For all my friends and family that take a moment to read my ramblings and musings, thank you for taking the time to share a piece of my life. I hope all of you know how important you are to me, Lisa and the kids. For those of you I will see this holiday season, I owe all of you a hug, for those of you I wont see, know that you are in my thought sand I wish all of you the most wonderful holiday season and I look forward to speaking with you in the future.

As always, peace to you and yours...and until next time. Pray for me....for this DODO is done for the night. :-)

Mike

1 comment:

  1. Like the photos of your holiday decorations. Kent just got ours up yesterday (outside) thankfully because today it is pouring rain. Have some work to do inside yet. Hope we get to run into you soon. Have a great December.

    ReplyDelete